|BAHS Home | Photo Collection
Brighton Allston Firehouses
Harvard Ave Firehouse
The original firehouse (c1885) at 16 Harvard Ave, Allston, of Chemical Engine Co. 6, which was built in 1876.
This newer newer Harvard Ave Firehouse was built in 1910 with one door before being expanded to two (see below)
c1910 Left to right John J. Riley, John B. McKay, Charles Fernald
C1910 Hosewagon from Engine 41. Location unknown
c1910. Location unknown. B. F. McNamara (left) and J. B. McKay (right)
1916 now with two doors
Photo c1970s. In 1977, the building was converted to commercial property and the firehouse moved to Union Square.